FolkCOLOMBIA Escuela de Danza y Musica and Queens Community House are excited to announce a virtual Colombian music and dance program series for students throughout the Queens community. We are thrilled to continue our educational mission to share knowledge and grow awareness in expressive Colombian and Latin cultures.
An affiliate of the Center for Traditional Music and Dance’s, Sharing Traditions, Arts Education program, FolkCOLOMBIA invites all former and new students to join our after-school online classes, which are designed for children and young adults between the ages of 7 and 18 years old–anyone within the 5 boroughs can join!
Escuela faculty will present biweekly online classes of Colombian traditional dance and musical rhythms such as Puya, Cumbia, Champeta, Mapalé, Bambuco, Passillo, Currulalo, Bullerengue, Chalupa, Fandango, and Ritmo de Tambora.
Parents are highly encouraged to participate in the online activities!
- Classes will be presented via Zoom and Microsoft Teams video conferencing software and are tuition free.
- Classes will begin Tuesday, December 1, 2020 and continue for nine (9) weeks until Friday, January 29, 2021.
- Classes will be given between 4PM and 6PM (after school hours).
Queens Community House (QCH) will administer the registration process.
- Please complete the attached DYCD application forms (either in English or Spanish) and follow instructions for submission (DYCD apps are fillable PDFs so you can write on them directly, there is no need to print them).
- QCH will follow-up to confirm your child’s registration once the QCH/YDC registration & consent form is completed: YDC Registration & Consent Form
For more information about Queens Community House and services, please see attached flyers
We look forward to seeing you online!!!
For further information, contact:
Jorge Arévalo Mateus. Ph.D.