MARKETING COORDINATOR & PROGRAM ASSISTANT
The New York City- based Center for Traditional Music and Dance (CTMD), seeks a Marketing Coordinator & Program Assistant to assist senior staff in carrying out programs & operations.
The position combines work in marketing, design, program assistance and office management.
Hours: Full time
Salary: $41,500 + benefits
The following tasks will be required:
- Website updates & maintenance
- Manage relevant social media accounts (facebook, instagram, twitter, vimeo, youtube, flickr, soundcloud, spotify, etc)
- Oversee & develop marketing strategies as well as digital & print marketing materials for programs and the organization at large
- Maintain press list and contacts
- Prepare and edit bi-monthly newsletter
- Manage payments and facilitate accounting processes with staff
- Process donations and membership correspondence
- Monitor and manage office supply needs
- Assist with overall scheduling
- Provide knowledgeable information to the public about CTMD programs
- Provide program support for public programs (as assigned by program director) including program pre-production needs, fieldwork assistance, production troubleshooting as required.
- Assist program directors with workflow for specific CTMD projects and grants (processing contracts, corresponding with artists, updating program assets).
- B.A. degree or higher in folklore, anthropology, history, American studies, communications, marketing, or related field
- AV (basic photo,video) skills, both production and post-production.
- Excellence in graphic design and proficiency with design software/applications (Photoshop, Canva)
- Computer knowledge with Windows-PC & MAC environment; Microsoft Office & Adobe Suite
- Knowledge of social media communication needs for organizations
- Experience with website management (WordPress) and email software (Constant Contact, Mailchimp)
- Proficiency with database management (data entry, running reports, etc).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
A leading arts organization serving New York City for almost five decades, the Center for Traditional Music and Dance (CTMD) partners with the city’s immigrant communities to nurture and preserve diverse performing arts traditions and share them with the wider public. The Center develops and presents research-based performance and educational programs for general and specific community audiences, collaborates with cultural institutions, documents traditions, produces audio and video recordings, maintains an extensive archive, promotes performance opportunities and builds support for community-based cultural expression.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2019.
The Center for Traditional Music and Dance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.